We’ve all heard about the prevalence of identity fraud in the last ten years or so, but the reality is that identity theft can occur at any time and at any place. Our Los Angeles identity theft protection attorney at The Law Office of Howard D. Silver is here to share some important insights into how you can protect yourself from identity theft.
Identity theft occurs any time a person other than yourself uses your name, credit information, social security number, bank information, or driver’s license number fraudulently. This can include making purchases, signing up for or using credit cards, filing for bankruptcy, and many other financial and personal invasions of trust.
Here are some tips to avoid identity theft:
- Always keep track of your imperative cards and, if you find one missing, cancel it immediately
- Keep a vigilant watch over your accounts and watch for inconsistencies with your purchases
- Never open, read, or respond to suspicious emails, especially those asking for personal or financial information
- Be cautious with the information you put on the Internet
- Keep anti-virus and anti-malware software on your computer
Let Our LA Identity Theft Attorney Help You
If you’ve been the victim of identity theft, you may be struggling with bills for things you never purchased or even bankruptcy being filed in your name. You may not know where to turn, but, if you place your trust in our attorney, we can help. We’ve offered help to countless identity theft victims and are here to help you get your life back on track. Contact The Law Office of Howard D. Silver today by calling (855) 341-2611.