With the increasing abilities of thieves, identity theft is becoming more and more common. Whether the thieves are able to gain your information through phishing schemes in your email, hacking your computer remotely, or by using RFID scanners that scan your information through your purse or wallet, they can use your information for virtually anything. Oftentimes, thieves will open credit cards in your name, but they may be so bold as to file for lines of credit, open fake businesses, and even purchase homes using your information. Our attorney, Howard D. Silver, can help you recover damages if your identity was used against your will. Contact us today for help by calling (855) 341-2611.
Here are some of the largest identity theft busts of recent years:
- Tax fraud and identity theft scheme that landed 15 in prison in Georgia
- Alabama woman ran a fraudulent ring gaining over $4 million in falsified tax returns -- she was sentenced to over 12 years in prison and forced to forfeit the remaining money she hadn't spent yet
- Woman in Tampa sentenced for filing false tax returns for a total of over $1.5 million
- Two Houston men sentenced to serve 10 years in prison for tax return fraud
- Two men from Florida filed fraudulent unemployment insurance claims -- 70 months in prison and financial restitution
If you've been the victim of identity theft, please don't hesitate to seek legal help. Our attorney will work to determine that you weren't responsible for the assumed charges, tax returns, insurance claims, etc. and help you seek restitution. You deserve the best in service, so please contact The Law Office of Howard D. Silver today by calling (855) 341-2611.